Power outages are a fact of life. They often happen unexpectedly and you can be without the electricity needed to keep your home or business running as usual. They are usually over almost immediately, but can last hours to days to weeks.
The resulting cost of the food spoiling in your fridge and freezer or the time your business remains closed can range from hundreds to thousands of dollars.
Power outages are also a catalyst to many structure fires as people try to stay warm, see at night, and cook.
From starting a fire in the old wood-burner that hasn’t been used in years, to lighting candles to see, to using improvised cooking equipment, there are many risks inherent to the loss of electricity and trying to operate as usual.
The use of fuel-burning heaters not meant to be used indoors is also a risk of asphyxiation, carbon monoxide poisoning, burns and other unpleasantness.
The use of a standby generator and transfer gear is the simplest method to providing your home or business with a little or a lot of power depending upon your needs. The size and complexity of generator systems vary, but the end goal is always SAFE, convenient emergency power.
If you want to be prepared for the next outage, contact Steve.